Cancelation and Refund Policies
Jax driving school is dedicated to preparing new drivers with the knowledge and experience necessary to qualify for a Florida State driver license on their first attempt. We offer the best experience at the most competitive price.
Student Driver Policies
These policies are designed to help all student drivers be aware of his or her responsibilities and the responsibilities of Jax Driving School
1. The student agrees to come to lessons prepared to learn, cooperate with instructors, and follow outlined policies.
2. Jax driving school will provide a licensed and insured instruction vehicle and licensed instructor.
3. All fees must be paid with cash or money order, personal or cashier’s check; Payable to Jax driving school. All payments are due before scheduling a lesson.
4. A lesson can be canceled by a student if verbal notice is given to the instructor no later than 24 hours before the scheduled drive session to avoid a no-show. If the student does not adhere to this policy, he or she must be available for the scheduled lesson or forfeit the lesson without a refund.
5. If the student is late arriving for a lesson, the time missed is forfeited. The instructor’s travel time is included in the lesson when a student opts for pick up/drop off service.
6. If the instructor is late for a scheduled lesson, the missed time will be added to the drive or be scheduled for another time. The instructor and school owners reserve the right to cancel lessons at any time due to inclement weather or unavoidable vehicle malfunctions and will do their utmost to give students as much notice as possible. Jax driving school will not refund any tuition or part of tuition if the school is capable and willing to perform its part of this contract. Jax driving school has 60 days to complete the program. If the school cannot fulfill this contract we will refund the tuition on a prorated base.
7. Upon request, the instructor will provide students an outline of the driving skills the student needs to improve.
8. Returned checks will be charged a $30 fee. A returned check will result in cancellation of all scheduled lessons effective immediately. Lesson fees and returned check fees must be paid in full, cash only, before the student can schedule future lessons.
9. Cell phones, mp3 players, or any other device which distracts the student from the lesson are not allowed.
10. If the student is caught vandalizing or stealing school materials, equipment, or any part of the building itself, all future lessons will be forfeited without a refund and he or she will be charged for the repair and may have criminal charges filed against him or her.
11. Florida State law prohibits smoking within 25 feet of the entrance of Jax driving school. Smoking is not allowed while driving or riding as a passenger in the education vehicle. Please do not smoke immediately prior to driving or riding as a passenger in the education vehicle.
12. Students who arrive for their scheduled lesson in an intoxicated or drug induced condition will forfeit the lesson without a refund.
13. Jax driving school reserves the right to administer the penalties listed above for failure to follow these policies on a case-by-case basis. I agree to abide by the conditions, rules, and guidelines listed above.